DECOTEK Automotive is an Irish company that designs, develops and manufactures exterior trim components for the automotive industry. Due to rapid expansion and new business acquisition, an opportunity has now arisen for a Quality Manager to join our team.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to further your career in one of the most challenging industries with direct involvement in the development of new model programs with customers including Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche, Volkswagen and Volvo.
As Quality Manager, you will play a key role in process improvement activities and will be the central point of contact for all key customers and suppliers:
- Managing Product Quality to meet agreed project requirements.
- Liaise with key customers and ensure successful completion of Customer Audits and corrective action completion.
- Managing project APQP documentations.
- Responsible for adherence to all external and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Development of internal and external product and process control equipment.
- Management of customer submissions, FTOP, Builds and PPAPs.
- Manage relationship between Quality team, development team and the Production team.
- Manage Compliance and Development of Procedures related to ISO TS 16949 ISO 14001 or other such standards as may be adopted by Decotek automotive.
- Management of Key Quality systems such as non- conformance system, incident reporting system and customer complaint analysis.
- Drive changes and improvements in the Quality Assurance and control systems.
- Manage and develop the Quality team members through mentoring, motivating and delegating tasks appropriately.
- Manage Performance of direct reports through regular reviews and team meetings.
- Development and protection of Decotek Automotive intellectual property and know how.
- All responsibilities should be undertaken in a spirit of Continuous improvement, striving for excellence and adoption of Best Practice.
- Achievement of Decotek Automotive Goals in line with our Vision, Mission and Values.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned.
Experience, Training and Work Related Skills Required
- Third level Qualification in an Engineering, Science or other relevant discipline. A post graduate qualification in Quality systems would be advantageous
- Previous experience working in an ISO TS 16949 ISO 14001 environment, coupled with strong background in the Automotive Industry.
- Experience managing a Quality team.
- Experience working in global quality team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results orientated.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Fluency in German and English is essential