DECOTEK Automotive is an Irish company that designs, develops and manufactures exterior trim components for the automotive industry. Due to rapid expansion and new business acquisition, an opportunity has now arisen for an Environmental Health & Safety Officer to join our team.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to further your career in one of the most challenging industries with direct involvement in the development of new model programs with customers including Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche, Volkswagen and Volvo.
Health & Safety
- Ensure adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Perform environment, health and safety audits
- Conduct risk assessments and equipment validations
- Participate in accident/incident investigations and follow up on corrective actions
- Monitor environmental hazards such as dust and noise monitoring
- Manage and progress the site risk assessment program.
- Carry out chemical risk assessments.
- Keep the Safety Data Sheet register up to date.
- Manage safety protocol for Contractors and vendors on site
- Engage with the Emergency response teams and organize specific training
- Develop and deliver Safety & Environmental training for Induction.
- Maintain all EHS records for inspection during external and corporate audits.
- Develop work permit programme
- Report in a timely manner to HSA on H&S issues using the HAS portal
Education, Experience & skills:
- Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent is required with a Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a regulated environment and familiar with EHS management systems.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company.
- Knowledge and experience with effluent & waste water treatment is essential.
- A proven track record of success as an EHS Engineer in a manufacturing facility is desirable.
- Communication, training and report writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint packages.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders