As Toolmaker, your key responsibilities will be:
- To manufacture, repair and service all tools, jigs and fixtures. Namely: form tools, progression tools, perforation tooling and roll form equipment.
- Set- up of tools in presses ranging from 50 to 500 ton.
- Experienced with tooling which produces aluminum and stainless steel products.
- Ability to operate, set, program CNC, PLC and Robotic machines.
- To monitor performance of setting, machines and tool longevity.
- Attending machine breakdowns to identify the root cause and solve the problem.
- Using machinery such as lathes, presses, milling machines and grinders to cut and shape the tools.
- Work effectively with all team members to assist in the continuous improvement of systems and processes and ensure best practice is consistently applied.
- Monitoring the tools used on the manufacturing line to ensure efficient run rates and identify necessary repairs or possible improvements.
- Using precision measurement instruments such as micrometer, gauges and Vernier calipers to check the tool’s dimensions.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of pneumatic special purpose equipment.
- Operate and maintain production equipment and tools correctly whilst ensuring health and safety of self and others.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance on tooling as per PM Schedule.
- Any other duties as assigned by the maintenance and toolroom manager
Experience, Training and Work Related Skills Required
- Qualified Toolmaker to level 4
- Post apprentice experience of 4 years is desirable
- Experience in press tool maintenance and repair works.
- Knowledge of set-up of tools in presses
- CNC, PLC and Robotic programming a distinct advantage
- Experience in the automotive industry is a distinct advantage
- Proactive with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible in approach to work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate well in English
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply Now” button below attaching a relevant cv.